Information For Landlords
LIBERTY LETTINGS is a local independent Letting Agency with years of experience specialising in residential lettings throughout South East Essex. We pride ourselves on the work we do for our landlords. We like to take away the stress of being a "hands on landlord" leaving you to have peace of mind knowing your property is in our good hands.
Whether you require our fully managed service or just our LET only or rent collection service, we have a package that will cater for all your requirements. Our dedicated team are just a phone call away to discuss what is right for you!
Collectively we have over 150 landlords that trust us to fully maintain their portfolio of properties because we are dedicated to client relations and endeavour to give you a smooth and efficient service.
What We Do
- We offer free valuations with no obligation
- Our marketing team ensure extensive advertising to maximize potential tenants
- All Viewings can be conducted by Liberty Lettings – evening and weekends
- Full Referencing Checks are carried out on all potential tenants by a reputable referencing agency including employment & landlord references.
- Preparation of the tenancy agreement which is necessary for the landlord to have the protection of the relevant Rent and Housing Acts, and renewing the tenancy agreement where necessary at the end of the term.
- We always begin our tenancies with a six month Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement, to ensure all parties are happy within the fixed term.
- From then on, a further fixed term contract can be generated or left on a month by month periodic basis
- The Property Deposit paid to us by the tenant, must be protected by a government backed scheme. We hold our deposits with The Deposit Protection Scheme DPS.
- Some Landlords may wish to hold their own deposit, with their own Deposit account Scheme, which is absolutely fine, we would pay the deposit monies to you and ensure you register the deposit within 30 days of the tenancy commencing as legally required.
- Liberty Lettings carry out a full Inventory schedule of condition on your property.
- The Inventory will include all removable items in the property, plus carpets, curtains, paintwork, wall coverings mirrors, door ceiling walls furniture/fittings etc.
- The Inventory will be agreed and signed by your tenants at the commencement of the tenancy and then be attached to form part of the tenancy agreement.
- The Inventory will support any disputes and claims that may be required at the end of the tenancy.
- The payment of the utilities will usually be the responsibility of the tenants during their term at the property.
- We endeavour to keep track and update utility companies with move in and move out readings to ensure the correct readings are put to each account to save any issues when your tenants vacate properties.
- Liberty Lettings will arrange receipt of the due monthly rent and pay the landlord monthly minus fees and any expenses incurred over the period. Payments will be made by bank transfer
- Please enquire about our Rent Guarantee Packages
- We carry out an initial three-month inspection and every six months thereafter.
- A full report of the condition of the property will be carried out to verify with the tenant is complying with the terms of the tenancy agreement and to see if there are any problems at the property.
- Landlord are also welcome to accompany us on inspection should they wish too
- We will organise any necessary repairs or maintenance work to your property should it be required and liaise with you throughout the process
- We work alongside various contractors and can obtain multiple quotations for your authorisation
- Combine that with 24/7 emergency in house maintenance team. You can sleep at night knowing your investment is safely being cared for
**If the property value is in excess of £1500.00 a further charge for rent guarantee policies will be incurred**
ADDITIONAL NON-OPTIONAL FEES AND CHARGES (IRRESPECTIVE OF SERVICE LEVEL)
DOWNLOAD IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR FEES & CHARGES, PLEASE ASK A MEMBER OF STAFF